The Sims 2 “Ultimate Collection” (Absolutely Everything) – Completely Free from EA
When I first read about this from EA, that is, the possibility of getting absolutely every single expansion and “Stuff” add-ons completely free, I thought there must be some mistake… A little bit of reading at the EA website and I inferred from the phrasing that it was initially going to be offered as a free upgrade to current owners of The Sims 2 (Digital/Download or Disc-based versions); but I did a little more reading about it today and it seems that EA may be ‘planning on putting it “in everyone’s game list” eventually’… [in my opinion] most likely to arouse just-a-little-more interest in The Sims franchise for the upcoming “The Sims 4” release (now available for pre-order, slated to be released in September 2014).
Therefore, now feeling fully-okay-mostly safe from the dark shadows of ‘releasing something that wasn’t meant to be distributed’, I share with you the Product Code that will allow you to be the proud owner of “The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection”, which includes all of the below:
- The Sims 2
- The Sims 2: University Expansion
- The Sims 2: Nightlife Expansion
- The Sims 2: Open for Business Expansion
- The Sims 2: Pets Expansion
- The Sims 2: Seasons Expansion
- The Sims 2: Bon Voyage Expansion
- The Sims 2: FreeTime Expansion
- The Sims 2: Apartment Life Expansion
- The Sims 2: Family Fun Stuff
- The Sims 2: Glamour Life Stuff
- The Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
- The Sims 2: Celebration! Stuff
- The Sims 2: H&M Fashion Stuff
- The Sims 2: Teen Style Stuff
- The Sims 2: Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff
- The Sims 2: IKEA Home Stuff
- The Sims 2: Mansion & Garden Stuff
Wow, thanks EA!
Note: this package release may be time-limited and EA has stated that they will no longer be updating The Sims 2 or it’s expansions, although they can still be contacted if you are having technical problems running the game
Here are the steps to redeem the free Activation/Product Code:
- If you don’t already have it installed on your system, download and install the Origin game client from EA [it is similar to Steam and other game management interfaces] from http://origin.com/download
- Create an Origin account if you don’t already have one at https://connect.origin.com/create and log into the Origin client
- In the pull-down menus at the top of the Origin interface, click on “Origin” and then “Redeem Product Code…”
- In the white box [field] under Product Code, enter this:
[hyphens may not be needed]
- You should then see a message that the activation was successful and you are the newest owner of [oops, I forgot what year I’m in, I mean a temporally licensed user of] The Sims 2, along with all possible Expansion Packs and Add-Ons
- Select the game in your My Games list in the Origin Client and install it by clicking the Download button that pops up [and if you’re like me, click OK to the Insufficient Disk Space message]
- That’s it!
Enjoy playing The Sims 2 once again, experiencing all that this version could possibly offer.
Have fun with it and See You In The Games!